Other names: Antiformin,Bleach,Chloride of soda
- Used to make household bleach
- it can be used to remove mold stains, dental stains caused by fluorosis,and stains on crockery, especially those caused by the tannins in tea. It has also been used in laundry detergents and as a surface cleaner.
- used to disinfect wounds
- Sodium hypochlorite has deodorizing properties, which go hand in hand with its cleaning properties.
- used to treat dilute cyanide waste water, such as electroplating wastes
- Dilute bleach baths(0.005%) have been used for decades to treat moderate to severe eczema in human